Years ago VITUS® welcomed Maddy Fox, as their official - and first-ever ambassador. Her tenacity for her craft is awe-inspiring and one of the main reasons they just had to have her on team VITUS®.
A SIT-DOWN WITH MADDY FOX - VITUS® AMBASSADOR & SWIMMING SUPERSTAR
Back in 2018, we wrote an article giving you a glimpse into Maddy’s world, along with a laundry list of achievements she has under her belt - here’s a recap:
- In 2015, Maddy was chosen to represent Victoria at the 10th National Special Olympics, where she won two coveted silver medals as well as two bronze medals.
- In 2017, she competed at the 8th Down Syndrome Australian Championships, where she triumphed with a national title in butterfly stroke.
- In 2018 she won gold in the 100m freestyle, two bronze medals and came 4th at the Special Olympics Australia National Games.
- In 2018, she competed at the World Down syndrome Swimming Championships in Canada.
- In 2019, she competed in the Victorian Open SC Championships.
- In 2019, she competed in the DSSA National, where she came third in the Women’s 200 LC Meter Backstroke.
On top of this, she’s broken several records including:
- Girl’s 15 Years 50m Backstroke
- Girl’s 15 Years 50m Freestyle
- Women’s 16 Years 50m Backstroke
- Women’s 16 Years 50m Breaststroke
- Women’s 16 Years 50m Freestyle
- Women’s Open 50m Backstroke
- Women’s Open 50m Breaststroke
- Women’s Open 50m Freestyle
Now in 2020, despite COVID-19 sweeping the nation and hindering people’s day to day, nothing is stopping Maddy Fox. Currently, she’s hopped out of the water (due to restrictions) and is training on land, to keep fit and ready, as she gears up to take part in the Down Syndrome International Swimming Organisation World Championships, this October in Turkey.
She continues to be an integral part of her local community as well as the VITUS® team and we’ll be there cheering her on, as she takes on the world. We couldn’t be any prouder and any more honoured to have Maddy on our side.
Best of luck Maddy!